Presenter: KC Conway, CCIM, CRE, MAI
The AdRu 2.0 webinar provides a blueprint for renovating suburban communities by applying a neighborhood approach to the economic transformation of obsolete areas. AdRu 1.0 (Turning Blight Bright) was about understanding the conversion of individual assets in cities from something “blight-ed” to something “bright”. AdRu 2.0 (Making Bright Brighter) is about taking the property use trend beyond one-off properties associated with blight and applying it to entire neighborhoods beyond the urban core to make suburban areas even brighter than when first developed.
- Understanding the transformation of "Turning Blight Bright" to "Making Bright Brighter".
- ESG - the "G" in ESG should be amended to GREENSPACE! It is good "E" for the environment and good "S" - as it brings social diversity back to the neighborhoods.
- AdRu is economically feasible and maximally productive for suburban communities. It is what CRE professionals seek to identify - Highest & Best Use.
- AdRu presents challenges to Property Management, specifically related to increased costs to operate, and manage adapted properties.
- AdRu 2.0 is the solution for reconnecting neighborhoods separated by the 1956 Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956.